I’ve been a speaker and author for four decades and I can honestly say that I’ve never been more excited about the work I’m doing than I am right now at the age of 65. I wrote my new book, Courageous Aging (Morgan James, Spring 2017), with the intention of sharing my own experiences, the same ones 76 million baby boomers also face, including:
- Societal myths and stereotypes about growing older;
- Biases against aging;
- The financial, physical, and emotional stress concerning caring for aging parents; and
- Fear and anxiety about the future.
I’m here to tell you that aging is no easy task – it takes COURAGE, RESILIENCE, and strength of BODY, MIND and SPIRIT. The good news you ask? By making conscious changes in your daily life, you can REDEFINE this stage of your life and make these your best years.
Read my article in Costco Connection about 5 things you can do right now to overcome the biggest challenges of getting older, and SIGN UP BELOW to be notified of the book’s release.
Join me on this journey of aging and living courageously. Prepare to become a better version of yourself than you ever imagined!
INCLUDED IN COURAGEOUS AGING
- Your Courageous Aging self-audit
- Simple action steps that lead to inquiry, conversation, and stronger relationships
- A guide to looking back, looking in, and facing our future with new eyes
- A checklist for “Putting your House in Order;” mentally, spiritually, financially, medically and legally
- Your Courageous Aging action plan
Successful aging takes courage. The demands of each season of life require us to be brave. And humble. I wrote Courageous Aging to help myself, and others like me, who are determined to make the most of each precious breath, day, moment and relationship. My hope is that you unleash your potential for love, courage, clarity, and joy as you get older, and that you live each day as fully as possible. And the next time you’re asked how old you are, you will respond with a calm, knowing smile.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“Straightforward and honest approach to the real issues we all face when we age…sage and sensible advice.”
– ALAN F. HORN, CHAIRMAN, THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS
“An inspirational guide for aging with confidence packed with insight and wisdom for living life to its fullest. A must read.”
– JOHN GRAY, BEST SELLING AUTHOR OF MEN ARE FROM MARS, WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS
“Bravo! At last someone has pierced the veil and uncomfortable process of getting older. A masterpiece!”
– JIM SELMAN, FOUNDER, THE ELDERING INSTITUTE, CO-AUTHOR OF “THE ELDER”
“This wonderful book is the heart and soul of what it means to become the better version of yourself as you get older.”
– NATASHA JOSEFOWITZ, AUTHOR, UCSD STEIN INSTITUTE FOR AGING