- This event has passed.
Healing the Grieving Heart Workshop with Dr. Ken Druck and Alexandra Kennedy MA, MFT
August 17, 2019 @ 9:15 am - 4:00 pm$125
Whether you or someone you know has suffered the loss of a loved one, are seeking help with grief related to a health crisis, breakup, a job loss or wish to learn from two of the nation’s top experts on healing after loss, “Healing the Grieving Heart” is a workshop you should consider attending.
All participants must be pre-registered to attend the August 17th workshop. Please make a $125 check payable to: Druck Enterprises, Inc., P.O. Box 1117, Del Mar, CA 92014. The location address will be made available upon receipt of registration fee.
Schedule of the Day:
9:15-9:30 – Arrival & Check-in
12:30-1:30 – Lunch
4:00 Program Concludes
Participants will learn the following:
• Cutting-edge approaches for actively grieving– without feeling overwhelmed by the painful emotions that accompany loss.
• An understanding of the stages of grief and how to navigate them.
• How the wounding of grief creates an opening for the sacred to enter our lives.
• Experience the healing benefits of dreamwork, guided meditation, and EMDR.
• The power of self-compassion and self-care to heal the grieving heart.
• The Do’s and Don’ts of grief support to guide family, friends and coworkers.
• Effective strategies for returning to work and to everyday life.
• A roadmap for surviving the loss of a loved one: “The Six Honoring’s”.
• The power of music, breath and mindfulness to heal a grieving heart.
About the Workshop Leaders:
Ken Druck, Ph.D. is an author, speaker, coach/consultant and educator who is considered one of the world’s leading experts on healing after loss. His work in “grief literacy,” helping countless thousands of individuals, families, communities and organizations can be found on www.kendruck.com. His spoken-word CD, Healing Your Life After the Loss of a Loved One and books titled The Real Rules of Life: How to Balance Life’s Terms with Your Own and Courageous Aging — and his work in Courageous Living have been featured extensively on CNN, PBS Specials, Oprah, Larry King Live as well as print and social media.
Alexandra Kennedy MA, MFT is a psychotherapist in private practice (42 years) and author of critically acclaimed books on loss, including Honoring Grief and Losing a Parent. Alexandra has been interviewed in USA Today, the San Jose Mercury News, the San Francisco Examiner, New Woman and the Boston Herald as well as on NPR’s “Talk of the Nation and” CNN’s “Sonja Live”. She has been an adjunct faculty member at John F. Kennedy University, the University of California Santa Cruz Extension and the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology. Her work on healing after loss has inspired hope and healing in countless lives. Her website is www.alexandrakennedy.com.
Suggestions for Self-Care on the Day of the Workshop
• Arrive well-rested and ready to engage
• Wear comfortable clothing
• Bring a pillow, beach towel and a picture of your loved one or a special memento
• Either bring lunch or order lunch at several nearby restaurants
• Give yourself a light evening of rest after the workshop
For further information or to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (858) 863-7825.