- The strong and adoring way you love me.
- Your love and devotion to your family.
- The devotion you have shown as a mother to Erik.
- The ways you show love and affection for my daughter, her husband and our grandchildren.
- Your beautiful, irrepressible smile and bright, mischievous eyes.
- The fun, bratty child in you that refuses to grow up and loves roller-coasters.
- The sweet and endearing way you call me “Kenny Bear,” “Kenny” and “Baby.”
- How incredibly smart, trustworthy and honest you are in your work as a realtor,
- Your undying love of photography, people, movies and life.
- The 1001 ways you keep me healthy (walk, spin, Vitamix, salads) every day.
- How you push me to be my best and call me on my s__t when I need it.
- The way you face each day with courage, optimism, enthusiasm and curiosity.
- Your incredible sense of wonder, adventure and exploration.
- How you manage to keep our lives simple and uncomplicated.
- Your willingness to share your wild, technicolor dreams with me.
- The elegant, stylish way you put yourself together as a woman every day.
- Your strength and courage in learning to love and care for yourself.
- Your humility and willingness to learn new things, self-correct, admit mistakes and apologize.
- Your willingness to set hard boundaries in the places you have been too soft in the past.
- Your warrior strength (especially when you speak in Spanish) in fighting for what you believe.
- Your natural, unforced sensuality and ways of moving in the world.
- How unselfish, caring, generous and forgiving you are with the people you love.
- Your willingness to hold hurtful, dishonest people accountable but refusal to hate them.
- The pleasure and care you take in loving me the way you do.
- The pleasure you give me by allowing me to love you better than you’ve ever allowed yourself to be loved.
- Your strength, patience, understanding and forgiveness when I’m being a jerk.
Now it’s your turn! All it takes is for you to get into a quiet space, take a deep breath and drop down into your heart of gratitude. Everything you feel and need to tell your beloved is right there, waiting for you to put into words. Do it! And watch your partner melt as you bestow them with one of the best, most personal V-Day gifts they have ever received.
The greatest gift in the world is the pure expression of our love; what better way to share it on this, or any, day than breaking it down into bite size pieces of the world’s most delicious chocolate for your partner?
Ken Druck, Ph.D., is a relationship expert, executive and couples coach/consultant, and best-selling author of several books including, The Secrets Men Keep, The Real Rules of Life, Courageous Aging, Raising An Aging Parent, How to Talk to Your Kids and Healing Your Life After the Loss of a Loved One. Follow Ken’s blog or find him on Facebook.